Built in the 1970s, it is a unique, quirky construction - two hexagonal forms connected by an atrium, set in a luscious and beautifully maintained surrounding landscape. The internal character… read more
Harcourt Square Phase II
Planning Permission Granted
Planning permission has been granted for Phase II of the city centre redevelopment site at Harcourt Square. The scheme is part of an overall masterplan that will provide approximately 30… read more
Planning Permission Granted
Planning permission has been granted for the redevelopment of Fitzwilton House on the Grand Canal. Demolition of the existing 1960s building will be carried out for the construction of a… read more
1SJRQ is a purpose built six storey over basement office and mixed use development. The office is accessed from SJRQ through a high quality landscaped courtyard that sets the new… read more
Public Choice Awards
Henry J Lyons Architects have been nominated for three RIAI awards in this years Public Choice Awards. Humewood Castle for Conservation, SMBC Aviation for Fitout and One DAC for Sustainability… read more
- Lime Street & 20-27 SJRQ
Planning Permission Granted We are very happy to announce that plans have recently been approved for two Henry J Lyons Architects projects. The residential development on Lime Street and 20-27 SJRQ mixed-use development in Dublin's Docklands. Further Information Cardiff Lane.
- Humewood Castle
RIAI Awards 2016 Humewood Castle has been awarded 'Best Conservation/Restoration Project' at this years 2016 RIAI Awards. One DAC Dublin Airport was Highly Commended and SMBC Aviation was also Commended during the ceremony which was held at the Royal Hospital Kilmainham on Friday 24th June. Further Information Humewood Castle Harcourt Square Phase II
Planning Permission Granted Planning permission has been granted for Phase II of the city centre redevelopment site at Harcourt Square. The scheme is part of an overall masterplan that will provide approximately 30,000m2 of high grade commercial office space. Further Information Harcourt Square.
- Apollo House & Hawkins House
Submitted for Planning The new buildings will form active frontages to Hawkins Street, Poolbeg Street, Tara Street, Townsend Street and the proposed Civic Diagonal Route identified in the Local Area Plan, completing the urban city block and re-establishing the street edge. The development includes a new pocket plaza at the junction of Tara
- Fitzwilton House
Planning Permission Granted Planning permission has been granted for the redevelopment of Fitzwilton House on the Grand Canal. Demolition of the existing 1960s building will be carried out for the construction of a new 17,405m2 office development over eight storeys. Further Information Fitzwilton House.
- Public Choice Awards
RIAI 2016 Henry J Lyons Architects have been nominated for three RIAI awards in this years Public Choice Awards. Humewood Castle for Conservation, SMBC Aviation for Fitout and One DAC for Sustainability. The shortlist was selected by the 2016 IAA Juries and is awarded based on online votes. You can view the complete shortlist and vote for us using the link below. Voting closes midday on the 17th June www.irisharchitectureawards.ie.
- Conservation Project of the Year Henry J Lyons Architects is delighted to announce that Humewood Castle has been awarded the ‘Heritage/Conservation Project of the Year’ at this years Irish Building and Design Awards 2016. Full restoration was undertaken over a three year timeframe. Further Information Humewood Castle
- Irish Building & Design Awards 2016 One Albert Quay has been nominated for the Building Project of the Year at Commercial City Groups Irish Building & Design Awards 2016. One Albert Quay is the most significant new office development in Cork city centre. The 15,000m2 is sitauated on the River Lee's south quays. Further Information One Albert Quay.
- City Quay, Dublin 2
Planning Permission Granted Planning permission has been granted for City Quay. The new headquarters style office building is to be constructed on a vacant plot to the East of St. Mary’s Church on City Quay, Dublin 2. Further Information City Quay.
- Albert Quay
Submitted for Planning Plans for Cork City centre’s largest office complex are about to be submitted for permission by O’Callaghan Properties. The building, designed by Henry J Lyons Architects, could accommodate 3,000 jobs, and provide 350 construction jobs during the build which could start as soon as the end of 2016..
- Sir John Rogerson’s Quay
Planning Permission Granted Plans have been approved for our €19.5m Mix-Use Development at Sir John Rogerson’s Quay in Dublin's Docklands. Further Information Sir John Rogersons Quay
- BREEAM Awards 2016 In recognition of the commitment to becoming a benchmark sustainable development, the new headquarters building for the Central Bank of Ireland has been shortlisted under the Fitout category of the BREEAM awards 2016. We are the only Irish project to be shortlisted this year. www.breeam.com.
- Liffey Valley Shopping Centre
Submitted for Planning A planning application for a major extension at the Liffey Valley Shopping Centre has recently been submitted. An article relating to the extension, designed by Henry J Lyons Architects, has recently featured in The Irish Times. Further Information www.irishtimes.com.
- Cork’s One Albert Quay
Welcomes Tyco Arrival The new office development on Albert Quay in Cork city centre is weeks away from welcoming the first 270 Tyco staff, of 700 proposed, into the multinational giant’s new global 170,000ft2 HQ. An article featuring the development recently appeared in The Irish Examiner. www.irishexaminer.com.
- WIT Arena
Construction Commences Henry J Lyons Architects welcomes the decision by Waterford Institute of Technology (WIT) to complete the final phase of the WIT facility. Tom O’Brien Construction will complete the multi-purpose sports arena building in Carriganore. Students starting at WIT in September 2016 will be the first to fully benefit from the sports facilities on offer. Further Information Waterford Institute of Technology.
- Dorset Street Student Housing
Construction Commences The Threesixty Developments Student Housing Scheme on Dorset Street, designed by Henry J Lyons Architects, is now underway. The main contractor Bennett Construction has commenced work and the project is expected to be finished in time for the 2017/2018 education term. Further Information Dorset Street Student Housing
- Senior Architectural Technologists and Senior Architects Wanted We are recruiting Senior Architects and Senior Architectural Technologists. A number of exciting opportunities have arisen for confident, conscientious and experienced architects and architectural technologists to contribute to a multi-disciplinary major projects design team. Please visit the RIAI website for more details www.riai.ie
- 10 Molesworth Street
Construction Commences Work has commenced on the €30m Office Building on Molesworth Street. The new building has been carefully composed to respond sensitively to the rhythm, texture and variety of the historic context. The scheme creates an economically viable and highly sustainable building which will improve the appearance and strengthen the civic nature of this important streetscape. The building is due to be complete in 2017. Further Information 10 Molesworth Street.
- Winner Best Medium Office 2015 We are delighted to announce that the Jones Lang LaSalle HQ fitout was awarded ‘Best Medium Office 2015’ at last night's FitOut Awards. Congratulations to everyone involved. The HQ required the full strip out and refurbishment of an occupied existing building including a new open plan workspace, a new central staff cáfe, decorations, finishes and furniture throughout including bespoke joinery, trading area desks, workstations and increased use of technology to allow more flexible working - all within a very challenging 5 month timeline. Further Information www.fitoutawards.ie.
- Central Bank of Ireland
BREEAM Outstanding Rating The new Central Bank of Ireland HQ has been awarded a BREEAM Outstanding rating for its design stage. This rating is the highest available under BREEAM and the first office development in Ireland to attain such a rating. Having previously attained the highest LEED rating of Platinum on Google Docks, the first time that a LEED Platinum rating was awarded in Ireland, this achievement builds on our commitment to deliver highly sustainable innovative developments that not only benefit the environment but also the quality of life of their occupants. Further Information Central Bank of Ireland.
- Timelapse Video Published A timelapse video of the 12 month construction of One Albert Quay, taken by the JCD Group, has recently been published online by The Irish Independent. The video shows the development of the site from its clearance a year ago, to the creation of the two basement levels and also of the seven storeys above. The exterior work to the 170,000ft2 office is almost complete with internal fit out to be carried out over the coming months. Tyco, PwC, Arup and Investec are set to occupy space there. Further Information www.independent.ie.
- Central Bank of Ireland Site
Construction Update The construction of a new two storey podium extension to the east and north of the existing structure, along with some structural amendments, have been the recent focus of works carried out at the Central Bank of Ireland site. The installation of the unique facade commenced in October 2015. Henry J Lyons Architects are engaged to deliver both the shell & core and fit out stages of the project at North Wall Quay. The project started on site in May 2015. Further Information Central Bank of Ireland.
- RCSI One Year on Site The Royal College of Surgeons Ireland New Academic Education Building project on York Street is nearing its 1st anniversary on site. The ground floor slab is due to be poured, bringing the works finally up above the confines of the existing basement walls built in 2007. The photo included here
- 13-17 Dawson Street
Planning Permission Granted Planning permission has been granted for the €35m office development located at the junction of Dawson Street and Molesworth Street. The development features a finely detailed façade and consists of 5 levels of office accommodation featuring flexible large 12 metre spans with floor to ceiling glazing. Retail space will be available on the ground and lower ground levels. Construction work is expected to commence in Q4 2015. Further Information 13-17 Dawson Street.
- Fit Out Awards 2015 We are delighted to announce that the Jones Lang LaSalle HQ, completed earlier this year, and the refurbishment of the existing offices for Goodbody Stockbrokers have both been shortlisted for the upcoming Fit Out Awards 2015. The Fit Out Awards 2015 will be held on Thursday 5th November at the
- Eden Plaza Office Scheme
Planning Application Submitted The Irish Times have published an article relating to the planning permission recently submitted for Eden Plaza in Sandyford. The high-end office scheme features columnless flexible floor plates with 18m spans, a first in Ireland, and will be landscaped to a very high standard and will include a small park at the centre of the site. The planning application is for 41,805m2 of offices on a 5.06 acre site. Further Information www.irishtimes.com.
- Dorset Street Student Housing
Planning Permission Granted Planning permission has been received for the new student accommodation building on Dorset Street. The mixed-use redevelopment consists of a 447 bedroom student accommodation building, ranging from 3-6 storeys, with associated management suite, student common areas and gym, 297m2 of retail space. Construction hopes to be completed in time for the 2016/2017 education term. Further Information Dorset Street Student Housing.
- Burlington House
Office Development Commences Main contractor Sisks have commenced work this month on the Henry J Lyons Architects designed Burlington House Office Development. The new building has been designed specifically with the tenant in mind and provides the highest standards both in architectural finish and sustainable design credentials. The 28,000m2 office building is located within the heart of Ballsbridge and construction is expected to be completed in early 2017..
- Tyco Global Headquarters
Fit-out Commences The fit-out of Tyco's Headquarters began this week only 9 months after John Cleary's Developments commenced construction at One Albert Quay. The building, also designed by Henry J Lyons Architects, is one of Cork's Largest Office Buildings and will become home to Tyco's new Global Headquarters. Tyco International Ltd. is the world's largest dedicated fire protection and security company with over 69,000 employees worldwide. .
- Humewood Castle
Conservation nears Completion Henry J Lyons Architects have almost completed restoration work on Humewood Castle along with other buildings on the Estate. The restoration work was carried out as faithfully as possible to the original buildings which were designed by William White in the Victorian Gothic style in1868. The Castle, purchased in 2012, will be used as a single family residence for the American businessman John C. Malone and his wife..
- Central Bank Headquarters
Construction Begins Construction works have begun on the new headquarters for the Central Bank of Ireland. The Bank anticipates to commence occupation in the new building in late 2016. Using high performance long-life materials the building will be highly sustainable and energy efficient with significant green credentials including a low-energy ventilation system, rainwater harvesting, energy efficient light fittings and more..
- DAA Development Begins The Irish Times has published an article about the new Henry J Lyons Architects redevelopment of the former Aer Lingus HQ. Work is to start later this month on the regeneration of the 45-year-old block which is to get a Grade A specification, a LEED gold certification and an A3
- Celebrating Irish Design 2015
(ID2015) The Criminal Courts of Justice building has been chosen to be included in a travelling exhibition showcasing the best of Irish design from product design, software design, animation, costume, fashion to the build environment. The exhibition will visit embassies in Europe, Asia and the United States coinciding with ministerial visits
- Horizon Pharma Fit-out
Taoiseach Enda Kenny Opening The Taoiseach Enda Kenny spoke at the official opening of the newly designed Henry J Lyons Architects Horizon Pharma fit-out. Horizon Pharma plc is a biopharmaceutical company that specialises in treatments for arthritis, pain and inflammatory disease. The offices, located at Burlington Road in Dublin 4, will be Horizon Pharma’s
- RCSI Contract Signing On Monday the 20th of October contracts were signed for the main contract of the RCSI‘s NAEB project on York Street in Dublin, a week after works began on site. The building includes 4 storeys below ground in an existing basement and 6 storeys above ground. Piling started today and will continue for the next 4 months in a very tight site with adjoining structures on all sides. The program for the build is approx 26 months..
- Best Young Designer 2014
Niamh Murray Interior Architect Niamh Murray won the award for Best Young Designer at last night's Fit-out Awards. Niamh has been with Henry J Lyons Architects for over 8 years and has worked in the interiors department for much of that time as lead architect on numerous large projects. Henry J Lyons Architects also won Fit-out Large Project of the year for Novartis. www.fitoutawards.ie.
- Open House 2015 Henry J Lyons Architects have been invited to participate in this year's Open House Dublin 2015 event organised by the Irish Architecture Foundation. This is the third year the HJL studio has been included and has proven to be one of the most successful attractions with over 700 people visiting the studio on the day last year. Opening Times Saturday 18th October between 1–5pm 51–54 Pearse Street, Dublin 2 www.openhousedublin.com.