Humewood Castle seen from across the lake
The Ceremonial approach to the Castle
Comfort and light in the Morning Room
Autumn at Humewood
Humewood Castle, designed by William White in the Victorian Gothic style in 1868, was purchased by the American Businessman John C Malone and his wife Leslie in 2012.
From then, until the Autumn of 2015, a full restoration of the Castle and other associated buildings on the Humewood Estate was undertaken.
Following an initial period of research and analysis, and the recording of all aspects of each of the buildings, a team of specialist Contractors, Crafts People and Artisans was assembled to carry out the restoration work to the highest conservation standards.
The work included masonry repairs and pointing, repairs and restoration of all external windows and doors. Complete repair to all roofs and valleys, the introduction of replacement electrical and heating systems, and the restoration of clocks, hoists and other mechanisms.
Throughout the almost three year timeframe, Masons, Slaters, Blacksmiths, experts in leadwork, in lime mortar and lime plaster, in historic timberwork and in stained glass, worked together, as a team, to completely restore the Castle and the other buildings to their original condition.
John and Leslie Malone
Kiltegan, Co Wicklow